Monday, September 22, 2008

Ray


This layout is about my cousin Ray. He was in a a car accident on New Year's Eve 1971 and died the next day. This is the last picture taken of him.

Patterned Paper - Crate paper
Rubons - Making Memories
Felt Letters - American Crafts
Chipboard Corners and Arrow - Rusty Pickle
Brads - Karen Foster
Black Tab - Heidi Swapp
Ribbon - Bazzill
Inks - Clear Snap and Tim Holtz Distress

Here's the text:
Ues it's true you were my hero! The guy that all others were measured by. You taught me how to play poker and swear in German (neither of which I was ever good at). I haven't been on a ferris wheel since the ride I took with you at Murray Park - you got the guy to stop us at the top and rocked the chair until I was screaming! Riding behind you on a mini bike up at Flaming Gorge was always a "thrilling" experience. Of course I always jumped at the invitation to do so. When I was 13 and just about as akward and insecure as possible you let me sit on your lap and talk at the Christmas Eve party - for that one night I didn't feel quite so ugly, I felt special. I remember how excited I was when my Dad took me to see you play basketball at Judge memorial - I really thought I was cool going to a high school to watch my "star" cousin play! I hold tight to these great memories - and oh how I wish they had not ended in 1972. Would we have been firends as adults? I think so. After all I named my son after my hero and you are greatly missed by this cousin who did worship you.







No comments: